This Week in mLearning Podcast – Native Apps vs. Mobile Web [Episode 2]
Welcome to our second episode of our new podcast entitled “This Week in Mobile Learning.” Below is a summary of topics we discussed this week. For those asking about when this podcast will be available through iTunes, I have already submitted the show and I’m now awaiting approval from Apple. Please let us know what you think of our format and your comments are always appreciated.
- This week´s stories: Google’s Project Glasses, Instragram bought by Facebook for a cool Billion, Adobe Shadow 2, etc.
- Tablet growth, adoption and usage and mLearning, the hot topics at Bersin Impact 2012
- Tablets as content creation devices
- Native apps vs. the mobile web: What is a viable solution for developing and deploying mLearning? Advantages and disadvantages of both approaches.
- Hybrid Apps
- Issues with App Store
- New Trend: “Build your own app” (DIY) initiatives and possibilities for templates
- Discussing an ideal and a realistic scenarios for mLearning. What if we had an Evernote-like App for mLearning?
- PhoneGap for mLearning
- App of the week: Snapguide