Welcome episode #4 of our new podcast entitled “This Week in mLearning.” In this episode, Robert and I talk Adobe CS6, Google Drive and the impact of Video in mLearning, as well as SceneChat, the Khan Academy, the Flipped Classroom and more.
Below is a summary of topics we discussed this week.
Great news, our Podcast is now live on iTunes and you can subscribe HERE. Please let us know your comments by leaving a comment here and thank you in advance for listening and for helping us spread the word about this Podcast on Mobile Learning:
- Highlights of the week
- a.Adobe Creative Suite (CS6). Successful launch, new features, the importance of these features as well as cloud computing for mLearning, and some drawbacks. You can also find more information here: “The New Adobe Creative Suite (CS6) is a Sign of the Mobile Times” by RJ Jacquez.
- Also, some apps like Photoshop Touch, Adobe Proto, Adobe Ideas, Adobe Collage and Adobe Kuler and some thoughts about Adobe Captivate missing from Adobe Creative Suite.
- b- Google Drive: online cloud storage and file sync service to be used across different devices.
- c- Samsung was crowned as the king of mobile handsets and some impressions about Windows phone.
- The video revolution: some stats
- Best practices and current use of video in mLearning
- Overview of video encryption and secure video transmission
- Video optimization and bookmarking across devices
- SceneChat: making videos more interactive
- Khan Academy (iPad app), the Flipped Classroom and TED-ed lessons: video-based education
- Apps of the week: Hype (desktop authoring tool that allows you to develop and output HTML5-based interactions) and iA Writer.